The Illness & Health
The major causes of illness
Homoeopathy believes that only due to the disturbance and derangement of the Immune System, of a living being, that we fall prey to diseases. Though day to day, we are exposed heavily to various Viruses, Bacteria, Fungus, etc. We do not fall sick unless our Immune System of the so called VITAL FORCE gets disturbed due to various factors. The various factors that contribute to such disturbances are the first and the foremost is the STRESS, that every person faces day to day, the Diet and Regimen, the physical and mental atmospheric surroundings we live in, the habits of a person, the person's mental make-up, his upbringing from childhood, his family background, hereditary disorders, in his/her family, the various treatments he/she might have undergone during the early life, the basic mental nature of a person from childhood, the quantum of sleeping hours , the duration of working hours, etc.In some cases, it may be nutritional deficiency like Vitamin deficiency disorders, where supplements of such Vitamins would cure the disorders.It is the Balance of all the above factors that depends on, in maintaining Good Health.
Every person in the present day life is running behind time. The day has to be planned carefully to avoid Stress. What work we ought to do, we have to do. If the work is excess, we should see that if we could depute a part of it to someone. If not we have to plan for proper execution. If we accept the Job in hand, we can do it with ease. If we do it with Reluctance, we get Stressed and Tensed up. If we get Over-stressed, a lot of stress hormones are produced in our body. Due to the bio-chemical changes in our system, which sends wrong, signals to the concerned organs, and thereby the diseases crop up. These are called Psychosomatic Disorders which lead to disorders like Eczema, Psoriasis, Lichen Planus, Dandruff, Hyper Acidity, Migraine, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Hysteria, Hypertension, Diabetes (Stress Diabetes), Low-Back pain, etc.The Stress can be controlled only by proper planning, Meditation, Yoga, diversion of mind, acceptance of the circumstances and contendedness. Of course the present day life is full of stress and challenges. It's a question of how much we dare to face the situation.
Important of diet
If we eat a balanced Diet and follow a healthy life style, keep our mind balanced, not to get over-excited during a happy occasion and over-depressed for any sad event, do you think we could possibly fall sick easily ?Especially after the age of 35, one should be more careful and more conscious about the health, should eat in time, sleep for at least 7 hrs a day, eat more vegetables, fruits, greens, and drink plenty of water in the right time.Diet and Regimen always vary from person to person, different age groups, and also depends on the complaint or the disease we suffer from. For example, a person suffering from jaundice should be on "Fat Free Diet", Take sufficient rest drink more of boiled and cooled water, eat more vegetables and fruits etc,.Apart from the medicines prescribed for a particular disease, the diet and Regimen should also be followed by the patient to ensure a complete cure and prevent the recurrence of the disease.
Importance of water
60 to 70 % of our body constitutes water. Every person needs at least 2-3 litres of water a day. There is no hard and fast rule to consume water. It depends on a persons day to day life activities. A person with sedentary habit needs less water than a person with active physical exertion. Basically, it is good if we drink at least '1' glass of water in empty stomach, a few sips just before eating a regular meal. Not to drink water in between meals. Drink a maximum of 1/4 glass of water immediately after food.We can drink more and more glasses of water one hour after a principle meal. Water acts as an Adsorbent and helps to absorb the digested food into the tissues.
General health tips to maintain good health:
- Drink 1 or 2 glasses of water early in the morning in empty stomach.
- Eat food in time at regular intervals.
- Afternoon nap for half an hour (if possible) will rejuvenate your mind and body.
- Do not sleep for atleast 1 ½ to 2 hours after dinner.
- Water has to be consumed at regular intervals only half an hour after every meal.
- A healthy mind will always maintain a healthy body.
- Generally in this world, everyone gets tensed, stressed, upset, anxious, worried or excited for multi various things and circumstances, or for mostly minor incidents. These have a lot of impact on our physical and mental health. Most cases of Diabetes, Hypertension are stress related. So as much as possible it is advised to keep a calm mind. But this does not mean that one has to suppress their emotions or feelings in a given circumstance. It is only that we have to tune our mind taking petty things easy. Lots of complaints may arise due to suppression of feelings or emotions.
- Eating habits have a lot to say in maintaining good health.
- Generally up to the age of 35 years, any diet is acceptable provided they have some physical exercise as long as they do not have any complaints. But from the age of 35 to 40 years, it is always advised to do a regular master health check up every year, irrespective of any ailments or not.
- Generally every person faces more stress from 35 to 45 years of age , and so we are prone to get many chronic ailments.